Chicken Fresca with Black Beans & Lime Infused Rice
- Under 1 hour
- 1. Take Ziploc bag and place chicken breasts into bag with 1 cup of “Sam’s Famous Salsa” then refrigerate.
- 2. Wash & rinse rice then place into rice steamer with water.
- 3. Add lime juice from 2 freshly squeezed limes to steamer.
- 4. Add minced garlic to steamer and stir together (start steamer).
- 5. **** WAIT 20 MINUTES ****
- 6. Pre-heat grill or grill pan (medium / high heat).
- 7. Remove chicken from fridge and place on grill or grill pan.
- 8. Keep Black beans warm / hot and add cream cheese & stir until completely melted.
- 9. Pre-heat Cast-iron skillet or non-stick pan (on medium heat)
- 10. Add butter to pan to melt.
- 11. Thinly slice onion and place into pan to Sautee (3 – 4 minutes).
- 12. Finely chop celery leaf (set aside).
- 13. Grate cheddar cheese (set aside).
- 14. Slice remaining limes into wedges.
- Remove chicken and let rest.
- Drain excess liquid from Black beans and serve (healthy ½ cup on each plate).
- Serve ¼ cup rice on each plate.
- Sprinkle celery leaf on rice.
- Add cheddar to Black beans.
- Slice chicken breast and plate.
- Top chicken with Sautéed onion.
- Add 1 healthy TBSP of Sam’s Famous Salsa on each chicken breast.
Serve and ENJOY!
Prep Time: 1 hour *Mostly allowing chicken to marinade & cooking rice
Servings: 3 Servings
Do you have a tasty Sam's Famous Salsa recipe you have mastered? Share the love and submit yours today!