Cowboy Breakfast Bowl
- 1. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat
- 2. cook bacon until crispy for 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool
- 3. Add potatoes to bacon fat and cook undisturbed for 10 minutes
- 4. then flip and move around to get all sides golden.
- 5. Add green onions and cook until potatoes are tender
- 6. 5 minutes more. Once tender, add paprika and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 7. Add cheddar to potatoes and allow to completely melt.
- 8. Separate non-stick pan scramble eggs.
- 9. While eggs are cooking slice avocado.
- 10. Fill each bowl with ¼ cup rice, then refried beans, and then scrambled eggs.
- 11. On either side of the bowl add the cooked potatoes.
- 12. Place 1 TBSP of sour cream, crumble 2 slices of bacon and 1 TBSP of SFS to finish each bowl.
Building the Bowls (each):
- Fill the bottom of each bowl with 1/4 cup cooked rice.
- Add refried beans to the top of the cooked rice.
- Add scrambled eggs to the top of the refried beans.
- On either side of the bowl add the cooked potatoes.
- Place 1 TBSP of sour cream in each bowl.
- Garnish with 2 slices of bacon.
- Add 1 TBSP of Sam’s Famous Salsa to finish each bowl.
Yield: 4 Bowls
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
It was absolutely love at first bite! The flavor rivals any fresh salsa that I have had!